Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Evan In His Dougie Chair


The big man has hit another milestone. He is now in his big boy bed. We took the front piece off his crib and put the toddler rails up. They attach at each side but don't span the whole front of the bed, leaving an open gap in the middle. He is able to get out of his bed if he wants to. The first night he fell out twice (we put a pillow on the floor to soften the fall, plus the bed is lowered to it's lowest setting so he didn't have far to fall). Since then, no more accidents. Anyway, I put him down for his afternoon nap today. The first time he got up and started to play with the toys in his room. I went in and put him back in his bed and all was quiet. I am thinking "great, all is well". We have a video monitor pointed at his bed. I went to check the monitor to make sure he was sleeping peacefully when to my surprise, he was not in his bed. I was a wee bit concerned so I peaked in to check on him and found him in his chair. We call it the Dougie Chair after his great grandfather Douglas, who was it's previous owner and partly his namesake. Needless to say I picked him up and put him back in his bed (the fall from the chair would not be as easy as the fall from the bed). He was not thrilled to be back in the bed but quickly fell asleep anyway! This little guy definitely keeps me on my toes! I thought the picture was too cute not to post.

5 comments:

GiGi said...

Dougie would have been proud of the little "lad". He looks comfortable the way he is all stretched out. Thanks for the picture-it made me SMILE. I love that little guy!

GiGi

grandpa said...

Looks to me like he is using the Dougie chair for the same reasons Doug did many times. "sleeping" I guess it's a family thing!!!

Grammy/shar said...

Linz,
It has been a while since I looked at the blog. The whole thing made me smile. What a beautiful family and what a beautiful child.I agree Evan is taking after his namesake "Dougie". Many a time we caught him sleeping in his chair. Love to all.
Shar

Auntie JJ said...

Oh my goodness! That is the funniest picture ever! I just love it! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that kid! He is soooo adorable. I can't wait to see Miss Avery. You make some cute kids, Pinz.