Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I wish Jason had been here to share in the fun and although he was missed, we still had a blast anyway. Diddy had a race a VIR (Virginia International Raceway) near Danville, VA. His sister, brother-in-law and father came up from NC to see him race along with GiGi, Auntie JJ and the Davis Gang. We arrived just in time to see him qualify on the pole position for his class of car. However, when it came to the race a crazy driver several cars back floored it, ran into the grass, lost control because he was going too fast and came back onto the track just in time to smack right into Diddy's car spinning him all around the track into other cars and the barrier. Poor guy didn't even get to race the first lap. I have put some pictures up of our day. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cold. Evan had a blast. He even helped Diddy with his tire. It was SOOOOO CUTE! Both children were completely exhausted from all the fun and slept very well last night. I know I have only had two of them, but this was the best Mother's Day yet!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*

*
*

*

*

3 comments:

GiGi said...

I had a wonderful Mother's Day too (except for the crash)! I am glad that Diddy is okay. Thanks to everyone who came.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time. Those two are the cutest kids ever. It was so good to see everyone! Road trip to Colorado!

Ninny said...

I am so glad that I finally took the time to look at the blogs. It appears that Evan is a chip off "diddy" ; outdoorsey (sp?)and apparently mechanically inclined. They are darling. How lucky we all are--especially me with all the wonderful "grands".
Ninny