This Sunday, Father's Day in America (who knew that Father's Day varied dependent on the country you were in...Apparently in Australia, it is in September), we celebrated by taking a drive to the Kangaroo Valley. It is about an hour to an hour and a half south of Austinmer. Unlike the name implies, we did not see one kangaroo. Perhaps in the summer or at dusk? I don't know. But they have a bridge that spans the river in the Kangaroo Valley called the Hampden Bridge. Built in 1898, it is one of the last suspension bridges built during the civil works projects in the late 1800's. Here are some pictures of our day.....the first one is just a gratuitous picture of a sea urchin I found on the beach. I thought it was pretty cool and fairly complete, which is somewhat unusual. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment