Preparing for the hospital.
Signing in
Yep. This bed will do!
Baby Girl finally arrived after much ado yesterday. I arrived at the hospital at 6 am and was hooked up to the pitocin drip. Yikes those contractions are no good! After about 10 hours I was finally dilated to 10 cm. Ready to push. Avery, on the other hand, had other ideas. In a normal delivery, the baby comes straight out with her chin to her chest to make it easier to slide on out. Well little miss trouble maker was angled to the left with her head cocked backwards. And every time that I would push, it would just push her head farther backwards. She was also having heartbeat decelerations every time I had a contraction. Most of the time her heartbeat was around 140 bpm until the contractions would come. They would then dip to around 50 and would slowly return to normal. Because of her extremely rare presentation, Dr. Foster said that there was no way she would come out vaginally and would have to be delivered by C Section. It wasn't the way we had planned the birth but kids always seem to throw you curve balls and I just wanted her to be out and healthy. She came out at 6:54 pm, weighed 7 lbs. 0 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. She has some hair but certainly not as much as Evan did! Her hair is a little lighter with blonde eye brows. Maybe this one will look like me! She had quite a bit of swelling and bruising from trying to make her difficult entry. The swelling has gone down a lot today and the bruising and redness is slowly but surely subsiding. She looks so tiny compared to Evan.
Baby Girl finally arrived after much ado yesterday. I arrived at the hospital at 6 am and was hooked up to the pitocin drip. Yikes those contractions are no good! After about 10 hours I was finally dilated to 10 cm. Ready to push. Avery, on the other hand, had other ideas. In a normal delivery, the baby comes straight out with her chin to her chest to make it easier to slide on out. Well little miss trouble maker was angled to the left with her head cocked backwards. And every time that I would push, it would just push her head farther backwards. She was also having heartbeat decelerations every time I had a contraction. Most of the time her heartbeat was around 140 bpm until the contractions would come. They would then dip to around 50 and would slowly return to normal. Because of her extremely rare presentation, Dr. Foster said that there was no way she would come out vaginally and would have to be delivered by C Section. It wasn't the way we had planned the birth but kids always seem to throw you curve balls and I just wanted her to be out and healthy. She came out at 6:54 pm, weighed 7 lbs. 0 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. She has some hair but certainly not as much as Evan did! Her hair is a little lighter with blonde eye brows. Maybe this one will look like me! She had quite a bit of swelling and bruising from trying to make her difficult entry. The swelling has gone down a lot today and the bruising and redness is slowly but surely subsiding. She looks so tiny compared to Evan.
*
Pictures from after Avery was born!
It is a dark photo, but here is a picture of her hair.
Poor, tired little girl!


The proud big brother (check out my button-It says "I'm a Big Brother")!
*
We are hoping to put a video up of the C Section for anyone who wants to see it. But until then, enjoy the pictures. Hopefully there will be more to follow soon!







4 comments:
Thank you, Lord, that both Mom and Avery are well.
As usual we women are a little willful. In a family of strong Kerfoot women, Princess Avery had to make her presence known. She can't be a Queenie in my books because her grandmother has that title. Her great-grandmother is "The Queen Mother"
Linz, by any standards she has copious amounts of hair. She looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Great Auntie Shar
Lindsey,
I must say, you look absolutely beautiful! (Love the hair!) Now to Avery, I am so happy that everything is okay with both you and Avery. She is also absolutely beautiful! (Well, hello she has Kerfoot blood in her!)
OMG! She is sooo adorable! I think she looks like you, Pinz. I cannot wait to see you all at Christmas.
Pinz, I am so sorry you joined the c-section club. As a two time repeat member, I know firsthand that it sucks. But, I am glad you guys are both healthy and that we finally have the beautiful Avery to shower lots of love on.
Give her kisses from Aunt Kiki (ok, not technically an Aunt, but she's too young to know the difference:)
Looks like a proud GiGi!! and a proud Big Brother!! I'm just glad all is well. Welcome to the World little Avery!!!! We love you!
Gi Diddy
Post a Comment